Ted Harrington runs Independent Security Evaluators (ISE), the elite security researchers who pioneered car hacking, were first to exploit the iPhone, first to exploit Android OS, pioneered medical device hacking, and run hacking event IoT Village. Since inception in 2005 out of the PhD program at The Johns Hopkins University, ISE has served technology pioneers such as Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Netflix, Disney, Qualcomm and many more as their trusted security advisor.
If your problems include difficulty understanding how attackers think, how they operate, and how they break systems; if you want to actually achieve security excellence (as opposed to just meeting a minimum, or being "compliant"); if you aren't yet sure whether your approach is effective or if your security investments are good ones; if you're concerned about how expensive, difficult, and uncertain security is; if you need to demonstrate to your customers, shareholders, board, and industry that you take security seriously and are worthy of their trust & business … Ted is the security expert for you. [📁 Ted's Press Kit]
View more speakers in...
Think Like a Hacker: Secure Your Brand
Book this keynote to address the seemingly overwhelming collection of security concerns with which today’s leaders contend:
- Is security a critical need for your organization, and one which you want to make sure you're doing right?
- Are you struggling to understanding how hackers think, how they operate, how they break systems, and how to keep pace as they evolve?
- Do you need to know how to defend accordingly?
- Are you uncertain about whether your security investments are, in fact, actually making you any more secure?
- Do you have the appetite and capacity for change?
If any of this describes you, this is the keynote for you! An engaging blend of research-based issue analysis combined with storytelling, this keynote seeks to you with how to:
- Implement a proven security method, based on years of practical experience in security research and security consulting, designed to help equip leaders like you deal with modern attackers.
- Define and implement a threat model.
- Differentiate between assessment methods.
- Understand level of attacker intensity.
- Challenge conventional wisdom
Secure Design Principles: Technology changes; the fundamentals do not
This keynote is designed to address the challenges with which today’s software developers and security professionals contend:
- are you trying to better understand attack anatomies, how systems get broken, and which defense mechanisms would be effective mitigating measures?
- do you desire to better understand how to implement principles of secure design?
- are you trying to improve your grasp on how different adversary groups are motivated, resourced and operate? do you hope to better understand their methods so you can learn from them?
- do you struggle with obtaining executive support for your security mission?
- do you have the appetite and capacity for change?
If any of this describes you, this is the keynote for you! An engaging blend of research-based issue analysis combined with storytelling, this keynote seeks to empower today’s software developers and security professionals, teaching attendees how to:
- Understand different attacker motivations, skills, and access to resources
- Achieve clarity on the different principles of secure design and how to implement them
- Obtain insights and talking points for how to think and talk about security in ways that will give you a voice to the leadership team
- Challenge conventional wisdom
Custom! You focus on a technology niche; we are there to guide you
- You are focused on solving the specific needs of a technology niche; this keynote is customized to those needs, including topic areas such as:
- Internet of Things
- medical devices
- security products
- and more
If any of this describes you, this is the keynote for you! An engaging blend of research-based issue analysis combined with storytelling, this keynote seeks to empower today’s leaders, security pros, and software developers.
Learning objectives TBD per YOUR needs! We'll work together to craft custom outcomes